Monday, May 1, 2006

preparing to make money

My own scattered ideas have been focused by Marshall Brain's plan: How to Make a Million Dollars
He advocates a "go-for-it" entrepreneurial spirit coupled with a solid idea, and hopefully a little luck, as the best way to escape the work-for-someone-else/make-money-for-someone-else cycle.
Brain has made me rethink my entertainment-filled free-time ways.

You are never going to get rich practicing video games. What I would suggest is that you stop playing video games. And get rid of your television. Take the music off your iPod. Instead go get some books-on-CD that talk about starting businesses. ... Put those on your iPod and listen to them over and over again.
I had already reserved 1/100th of my iPod for Michel Thomas's excellent Spanish (and previously German) learning language series. By deleting some bizarre French alternative rock (I never really got that excited about) I made room for Brain's first recommended audiobook, Robert Kiyosaki's Rich Dad Poor Dad


  • How to Make a Million Dollars

  • Understanding and Controlling Your Finances

  • Rich Dad Home

  • Rich Dad Poor Dad

  • The Automatic Millionaire

  • The One Minute Millionare

  • more Business & Investing books
  • No comments: